IN THIS ARTICLE
- Prenatal Nutrition
- Leptin Diet for Pregnant Women
- Weight Loss Before Pregnancy
- Improving Fertility
- B Vitamins & Folate for Prenatal Health
- Quality Iron Vital for Healthy Pregnancy
- Protein Needed for Baby's Growth
- DHA for Brain & Eyesight Development
- Prenatal Iodine: Great for Intelligence
- Supporting Thyroid During Pregnancy
- Dealing with Stress During Pregnancy
- Calcium and Bone Health
- Handling Constipation During Pregnancy
- Morning Sickness During Pregnancy
- Immune System Support
Calcium and Bone Health
There is some evidence to indicate that the number of pregnancies or the first pregnancy at a higher age are risk factors for later life bone loss. However, many variables are involved and no clear cause-effect relationship has been documented.
At any rate, it is clear that bones "take a hit" during pregnancy, which is likely to be greater in high stress pregnancies. Our government's suggestion for calcium during pregnancy and lactation is 1300 mgs, which can be met by a combination of food sources and dietary supplements.*
The quality of calcium, combined with the needed cofactors for bone metabolism, are important factors for preventing bone loss.
Do not count on gym chalk (calcium carbonate) to build your bones. Our top bone formula contains highly absorbable Coral Calcium (from the ocean) and MCHC (a true bone food concentrate). It includes essential bone nutrients like vitamin D, vitamin K, magnesium, manganese, boron, silica, and strontium -- all basics for building strong bones. *25% off!