I speak with women everyday who basically want the same thing: Easily accessible information on maintaining and improving health. There's no need for trial and error. I've collected a wealth of information over the years on how to strengthen immunity, vitality, and quality of life for you and your children.
1. Take Charge of your health.
Drugs are short-term remedies, at best. Learn to use health professionals as part of your resource team and avoid reliance on medical dogma. There is no “daily need” for drugs to help with your body’s natural functions.
2.Drink 10 glasses of water every day.
Water is essential. Dehydration causes many ailments. Note that some bottled waters may contain fluoride or chlorine and should be avoided. Fluoride makes bones brittle and dulls the brain. Have rarely, if ever, taken prescription drugs.
3. Listen to your body.
When you have a symptom, take care of it as quickly using safe, natural methods. Never let your symptoms linger or become a more serious illness. You’ll save yourself time, money, stress and energy.
4. Learn why centurions live so long.
Studies show that those living to age 100 or older have rarely, if ever, taken prescription drugs
5. Avoid sweets, carbohydrates or too many calories in one meal.
Insulin and Leptin resistance wreaks havoc on your metabolism and heart health. Read Mastering Leptin, by Byron J. Ricahards, CCN and myself. Eliminating insulin and Leptin resistance is key to good health and longevity.
6. Live like a woman instead of a yo-yo.
Follow the five guidelines of eating in Mastering Leptin and get your body and your hormones back in balance. You will see that weight loss and maintenance is possible and it does not need to be as difficult as it seems.
7. Make your health your #1 priority.
What will you have left to give if you never get the health maintenance you need and deserve. Your health is your most valuable asset. Take time first thing in the morning to keep your self in mind then you can get back to taking care of everyone else.
8. Get to know your nutritional supplements.
What do you take? How do you take it? Why do you need it? High quality nutritional supplements are a necessary and protective addition to your diet. You are a unique body and need a personalized regimen. Get informed, pay attention and your body will thank you for it.
9. Be your own best friend.
Ask Questions! There is no better advocate for your health than you. Find a doctor who will work with you and understand you as a patient, and not try to intimidate you. There are always options and second opinions.
10. Educate Yourself!
The best way to stay young and healthy is to take an active role in your health. Read and research alternatives and solutions for your health and nutrition. The Wellness Resources website is a great place to start!
Keep your child Healthy: Mary’s Top 10 Favorite Supplements for kids!
(more information about any of these supplements can be found on the quick jump)
1. Super Mini Multi:Your daily nutritional supplement powerhouse. Whether your children are picky eaters or not a high quality multi-vitamin is important to their brain development and growth. The capsules are easy to swallow or can be pulled apart and mixed into a favorite food. Your child will discover they love vitamin time!
2. Tri Cal and DHA: For a peaceful night’s sleep and a focused morning. These two supplements are a double whammy for kids who have a hard time drifting off to sleep at night and sitting still in the daytime. Tri Cal promotes a restful nights sleep with the natural calming effects of Calcium an important nutrient for your child’s growing body. DHA is an essential fatty acid that promotes healthy brain development, focus and concentration.
3. Immune Plus: Fortify your child’s immune system. I used this product with our children even at a very young age, good for toddlers up to any age. I take it myself and I do not get sick!
4. Immune Boosters Vitamins: Jump on small symptoms right away! If your child feels a “tickle” taking hold act immediately. This approach will nip an illness, such as strep throat, in the bud.
5. Super Immune Booster: Give your kids (of any age) a boost! Our youngest in college still calls for this product because he knows it works, in fact, he said his roommates ask him for Super Immune Booster. It helps them to stay strong even through all night cram sessions (I don’t recommend all night cram sessions).
6. Pyc 50: Immunity is the best policy. I cannot stress enough how important your body’s first line defense is. is another great protective immune support supplement and can easily be added to soft food and “masked” for your most finicky eater.
7. GI Soother: Sooth your little one’s tummy. Anytime your child says, “my tummy hurts”, give them GI Soother mixed in water right away! Keep it in your cabinet and give it as often as needed in a day to soothe stomach. It “coats” the stomach so germs cannot grow. IT WORKS! Just ask our children!
8. Oregano Oil: Oregano is not just a spice in pasta sauce. If a bug starts to take more of a hold Oregano Oil works really well as active germicidal. It’ll help to shorten sick time and return your child to their happy healthy selves.
9. Monolaurin: Germicidal and Anti-viral. Two words that make a mom’s heart sing. Monolaurin has germicidal and anti-viral properties and can help shorten a sickness exponentially (see a theme here? Restoring wellness is the objective). Your child needs to be old enough to chew these pills but they can easily be put in food to “camouflage” as well.
10. Colloidal Silver: If a scratchy throats seem here to stay. Not true of all colloidal supplements but WR’s Colloidal Silver (as with any Wellness Resources product) is safe and effective, Byron made sure of it!